Mimika – always supporting ecological solutions
Here at Mimika, we work with top-quality natural sheepskin leather from Italy. Every single one of our products is made with sheepskin.
The advantages of using real leather:
- Sheep are animals used for food industry – so we help utilize the waste produced by that industry
- For Mimika, the top priority has always been true quality of our clothes. It means that we only buy leather that has been produced by adhering to the highest legal and ecological standards, as well as environmental protection regulations.
- Genuine leather is much more durable and will last you for years.
- Natural sheepskin does not cause any allergies.
- Genuine leather versus eco leather
- We’d like to disprove the common misconception created by PR experts that factory-produced eco leather is an environmentally-friendly solution. Such a solution is only offered by genuine leather – which is already available and does not need to be manufactured.
- Products made of eco leather tend not to be durable, so your wardrobe needs replacing much more often. What’s more, high-quality merchandise is not available.
Our sheepskin coats and biker jackets are also made with sheepskin – meaning that we never use furs produced by the exploitative fur farming industry.
At Mimika, we offer a wide range of patchwork products labeled as ‘zero waste’ – meaning that we do not use sheepskin offcuts in our collections. Not an inch of sheepskin will go to waste!